Nom nom nom. Holidays. Food. Gluttony. Lethargy.
No, thank you.
Call me crazy, but I have another 7-10lbs to get rid of by the end of the year, and I’m not going to let a bunch of pre-packaged, socially acceptable excuses get in the way of *commitment*…
HOW exactly I’m going to do that is an entirely different story.
Here are a few of my most convincing reminders…
1. How tough that “first run back” after a break is
2. How uncomfortable it is to have an overly full stomach
3. How deflating it is to have to buy a size up
4. How great it feels to have a surge of endorphins after working out
5. The sense of accomplishment (exercise, will power, whatever!)
6. How far I’ve come already
7. This is a lifestyle, not a “diet”
8. There is no reason for a set back when the options to be healthy are the same
9. Moderation doesn’t mean depriving myself or overworking myself
10. There is never a good excuse to NOT treat your body well
Now, I’m off to a meeting where they are providing pizza for dinner. See you soon, will power